Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Such a perfect baby.

Hello again!!!
It's been a few days since our last posting. Charlie has been very busy over the last few days. He is doing just great! Michelle and I keep saying how we feel that we won the lottery with him. Each day we are amazed at how good a baby he is. He only fusses a little now and again. Otherwise he is just as quiet as a mouse and looks around at whatever the nearest contrasting patter or color is within his depth of field of his vision. His eyes are just beautiful. Michelle thinks that they are shifting towards my color a little. I guess green eyes wouldn't be so bad, but I do think Michelle's eyes are prettier.


I have been changing a lot of diapers. It seems to be a new hobby. I am beginning to feel like I am in the diaper rodeo and the event is to see how fast you can change a diaper. \

This last weekend was full of visitors dropping in to see Charlie. We are still taking visits, please just call ahead first to set up a good time.


Charlie got his first car trip out of the house yesterday since coming home from the hospital. We went to show him off at the "CAPE" at the Univerity of Colorado Health Sciences where I work part time as a standardized patient. If you don't know what that is just ask me sometime. From there we went to Michelles OB/GYN appointment where they told her she is recovering very well from the c-section. I have been amazed at how quickly she has been healing up too.
From there we zipped over to Grandma Pat's house top pick up Gramma Cheryl. They had lunch together while we were galavanting about the town.


As for sleep we are doing just fine. Michelle is catching a few more z's this morning to rest up a bit more. I've been giving Charlie his early morning feedings and helping occasionally at night so I guess you could say we are getting a system down that allows us both to get some rest.


Charlie is currently happily asleep in his bouncy chair. He really likes it. I put it on vibrating mode and I presume it feels like a 1000 fingers massage to him. I've decided I'm too big to sit in the chair myself to try it out. There will be plenty of time to teach him the story of the three bears without visual aids..

My mom continues to be a huge help around here. I really appreciate all of her support. I suppose I forgot what a great cook she is too so let me say if you ever get the chance to try her chicken picata leap at it. Mom leaves in just a few more days. It has been a really nice stay. She will be getting away tomorrow for an overnight visit in Lyons with a friend. I think it will be a nice break for her and at the same time a chance for us to see what it is like to be just the three of us in the house. Having mom around to take the baby while I run stuff upstair or to change an occasional diaper has been quite handy but I can't get too used to it.



We would also like to thank everyone who has dropped off food. It really is appreciated. We have quite enough lasagna now; enough to feed an army! Thank you Will. I'm going to end up dividing it into sections and freezing part of it.


Okay so enough writing here is your "Charlie Photo Fix"...Until next time.



Auntie Anne pays a visit







Jennifer and Idrissu popped in on Saturday too!



What a happy looking family!



Look.... two "Charlies" for the price of one!



Dalai and Charlie are getting along fine!

Such a little hand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.