Sunday, October 12, 2008

Giraffe! Giraffe! ...Yes Charlie, That's a giraffe.


The mom finally got around to the giraffes in Charlie's room. Ideally there will be fish above the crib too but at least one wall is finished! It is hard to tell from the photo but the orange giraffe is tone on tone retro patterned wall paper. Please note the expertly installed light fixture (thank you Dennis) and, the beautiful glider from our friend Amy... yes the same Amy responsible for my shower... we love Amy. I just had to turn the glider from green to orange and add the ottoman. I still need to make two valances and three roman shades but the giraffes are done - yippee!

Dennis has been working his tail off. He had three gigs yesterday and he spent this afternoon defrosting the freezer and trying to clean the laundry room (the kind of mess no one wants to have to deal with). Charlie and I are very lucky to have him!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting bigger every day but... this shall cease soon... the induction is scheduled for a week from today so sometime this week Charlie will join us all in the land of air and light.

So, the bags are packed for the hospital, the moses basket, crib and play yard are ready for a sleeping baby (we hope he sleeps), the freezer is stocked with lasagna, brisket and zucchini muffins thanks to my mom, the house is clean, the spider traps are out and, Charlie's closet is full of toys, clothes, and ten thousand diapers. I challenge anyone to say that we're not ready... ha ha... of course we are not ready... how could we be? There will be an infant in this house within the week and I haven't changed a diaper since I was thirteen... Oh well, bring it on Charlie.

1 comment:

Nancy Cook said...

Oh Michelle! Those Giraffes are so cool! Simon and I picked out a zoo-faring outfit for Charlie today. Watch your mailbox!