Sunday, November 2, 2008

My eyes are open wide!

Look into my eyes!
We were looking at the past photos of Charlie and noticed that his eyes have pretty much been closed in most of the photos. So I thought we would start today with a few great photos with his eyes open. Michelle and I are waiting to see who's color of eyes he will have. Sometimes they come off in that smokey blue color that Michelle's eyes are and 0ther times they seem to have the slight green tinge leaning towards my eye color.


Grandma Cheryl finished up her 2 week stay with us and we all took a trip to the airport to see her off. Don't worry grandma, Charlie will be out to see you in the spring! Until then expect to see lots of photos both here and by e-mail.




Charie continues to be one of the best babies I've ever seen. Sure he has occasional outbursts of crying but otherwise he is content and as this photo shows..flexible.





We went out to breakfast the other day with our friends Steve and Heather and their girls Megan and Madeline. Heather took this picture that I thought was a really funny pic of the boy and I looking silly together.

I can't beleive how much fun this is. Sure it is a lot of work still but I am loving every minute of this. Here we are just napping together on the couch. Thanks michelle for seeing and taking this wonderful picture of us. We really love you!


Charlie's closet is an amazing aray of clothing and accessories. Here we see his Teva shoes. Unlike many of his other clothes they adjust with him as he grows. We're finding that many of the clothes that Michelle purchased for him he may not get to wear because he is a bigger baby. At 2 weeks old he is already wearing 3 month old tops and his feet are big enough for 9-12 month socks.

This has been a great exercise in teamwork for Michelle and I. Our communication skills as parents are developing quite well and I love sharing all of this with her. Michelle is doing such a wonderful job. I am so proud of her as a mom. Here she and Charlie are getting him dressed for the day in his nursery.
Everyone told us we would go through a lot of diapers . They were right!
I don't think that we were expecting it to be as many as he has. He's a bit of a trickster. Once you think he has done his buisness you change him and then he immediately fills it sometimes just as you fasten the diaper tapes.

Our bundle of joy is also responsible for a lot of laundry around here. Blankets, shirts, outfits, socks, burp rags, and whatever he occasionally hits when he pees during an open diaper change. In addtion to the fun of laundry we are also doing a lot of bottle washing and pump sterilizing.


Well, I hope that tides you all over until we get a few more photos taken. Today is Sunday and we have set our clocks back...This is a real blessing for us as new parents as we think we took full advantage of the extra hour of sleep last night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And those are beautl eyes too. I downloaded the rest of my photos too and have a few with his eues open. I will pass them on to family here. I will treasure the memories of his first 10 days and the times I held him and fed him his bottle in those early morning hours, Charlie you have filled my heart.. I love you little guy and will hole your daddy to bringing you to see us in Oregon in the Spring.. April would be really nice!

Nancy Cook said...

OMG- He is just beautiful!