Sunday, October 19, 2008

We are up and ready to go! Not much sleep....We watched a little 30Rock season 1 on dvd last night to lighten our tensions and laugh a little. That was nice but it was still difficult to get settled in. Dalai was acting all weird like she wasn't ready for bed or something. I took her out several times and she was still acting weird. Well at about 2 am Michelle wakes me up to ask "Was that the dog throwing up?" ....Why yes it was... Some would say that she was also nervous or perhaps picking up on our nerves. More likely it was the amount of treats she had paired with a little tapioca pudding I stupidly let her taste.

As I said we are up and almost really ready to leave the house. It's 6:20 and we leave here at 7. Most everything is together we're just waiting for clearance from the tower to taxi to the runway... I'm going to turn the blog posting over to Michelle so that she can say a few words...

Words, words, words...
But seriously, Cheryl flew in yesterday and we had a great day just bumming around with her. Now it's off to the hospital on very little sleep (about three hours) to be told whether induction or c-section seems like the better option. Considering that I was miserable last night I'm guessing that it will be induction. I believe that my body is finally playing along. I have had some good contractions, major back pain and it looks a lot like Charlie is heading south.
Contrary to my training as a traveling Goodman our bags for the hospital are not small. They look like we'll be staying for a month... to say nothing of the birthing/ yoga ball. There are so many massage tools, sudoku books and snacks for Dennis that the bags are brimming.

Please keep us in your thoughts today and send us all the good ju-ju (Britta's word) that you can. The next posting should be full of wonderful news and maybe even a picture or two.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Dude!

Great looking Kid. You need some help obviously.
– and about holding your kid head down - well don't. Heads go up! Everyone looks happy and well. This is really cool having a baby, but wait until CN starts to talk. you really get a cool sense of his personality then.

You are all in my thoughts

David