Friday, October 3, 2008

Mom's getting TIRED!

I almost had a breakdown (okay maybe I did) after this morning's appointment with the nurse. My blood pressure is still creeping up (134/94) so they hooked Charlie and I up to the monitor for twenty minutes... again. He is still doing just fine but the crazy nurse had me in a very uncomfortable position and, she kept leaving. My doc. wasn't in the office but a different doctor looked at the print-outs and said that all is well. They did have me pee in a cup for a second time down in the lab to check my liver function and said they would call me this afternoon if anything looked abnormal (somehow the liver is involved in preeclamsia). Since it is 8pm and I haven't heard anything I'm assuming that the results were normal.
Anyhoot, the crazy nurse slipped and told me that Dr. Bozeman has me scheduled for an induction on the 19th (Grandma Cheryl's b-day) and that is what my breakdown was about. Anything could happen between now and the 19th but, the idea of waiting for over two more weeks sent me into a tail spin.
I am happy that Charlie will, no matter what, be a Libra. Not that I don't love Scorpios but I don't want to think about a teen age one living in my house (Catherine, this might be your fault). So, that is all the news for now. If Charlie hasn't arrived by the 19th, that will be the day. Hopefully, however, something will motivate him to move before then. I am getting VERY anxious to meet the little guy.
My next appointment is on Tuesday morning so maybe things will have progressed a bit further by then. Thank you to everyone who is reading this nonsense with sympathy in your heart. I know that we all go through it and the frustration is what makes the idea of labor bearable.
I'm going to stop bitching now and see if I can muster up some dinner.
We love you all!

P.S. Charlie has been hiccuping like crazy lately... I like to tell myself that this is because he is practicing breathing, sucking and swallowing and all those other important mammal qualities.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh MY GAWD!! OH Me Oh MY.. I am so surprised!! Charlie you and Gramma can have birthday parties together.. unles sof course you decide to pop out early. like on Aunt Judy's birthday the 18th.. I am tickled pink.. no um blue! Keep still a bit so mommy can get lots of rest.. |Michelle If Charlie is born on my birthday You will be my bestest daughter in law! EVER! I will get you a shirt that says " mom Loves me best Nancy! Take care guys and Michelle DON'tPUSH!!

Nancy Cook said...

Michelle- don't let grammacheryl fool you...Dennis is not only her favorite daughter, but I suspect he is also her favorite daughter-in-law...you can't win- better to just let Charlie get here when he is ready. Take good care

Unknown said...

Michelle . Ignore any comments from nancy about my favorites! She is just jealous.. and can be oh soooooooooo righteous some times.. * Dennis and any connection are going to always be "favorites to me....Just like Jake, Kandace, Nancy, Pj, Alex,Peyton, Mason...not in that order of course...Sheesh! whats a mom to do?

Unknown said...

Checkout my blog if you don't believe it!