Sunday, November 9, 2008

Photos from this week in the World of Charlie.




We know that it has been a little while since our last posting. We are going through the motions of learning our system and working out the bugs. Today we took some photos and then also downloaded one from election day.
As you can see Charlie is happy with the outcome of the election!

Here he is today looking out the window over his mom's shoulder. The weather has been nice but we are sure to get some snow soon!


Today Charlie got another bath. This time with more water in the sink. As you can see his umbilical cord has fallen off leaving a nice little belly button. And dare I mention his circumcision ring has fallen off neatening up things a bit.

Here's the boy and his dad after the bath.


Here we are just a little later catching some Z's



I've been keeping fairly busy with work and December promises to have a few decent holiday party bookings. My time in the office is short and I've had to be very deliberate in my office work and management. I will have some time to work a bit more on organizing the basement tomorrow. (Knock on wood)


The night feedings are going fine but I am feeling a little weary from time to time. Heck I should be in bed right now.

It's hard to start new sleep habits. I'm used to staying up late but not so used to getting up so late. This is a delicate balance I am finding between not enough sleep and sleeping too late and getting my day started too late.

This is not to say I have any grudes about getting up with Charlie for the pre-dawn feedings. I am cherishing these morning moments together. It is a special bonding time for just he and I. After the feeding and a diaper change we usually crash out in the guest bedroom and let Michelle get a little more rest.

Michelle and I continue to follow most of the advice the baby books are giving. Most are telling us to take it easy and figure out how this is going to work for us. We forget sometimes that we are in a learing cycle sometimes and things do get a bit tense at times. We do appreciate everyone's support, suggestions and inquiries. We feel the best way you can support us at this time is by letting us get ourselves worked out. We are trying to savor and enjoy the many once in a lifetime moments that we can. I enjoy posting the photos and keeping you all up to date and we will continue to post photos about once a week but please understand that we are doing all we can with the energy we have just to keep ourselves balanced, healthy and stable.




Finally, I will leave you here with a small milestone in Charlie's developement . Michelle found him today in his day crib twisted over onto his side. He'll be making the transition to the full turn over in no time.

He is wearing a size 3 months outfit here and it fits him perfectly. Somebody should tell him he's only 3 weeks old.

Love you all ...

Dennis, Michelle and Charlie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't stand how cute he is, especially in his little Obama outfit with his beautiful eyes open. I definitely need to get down and see him soon. He's getting so big and grown up already.