Monday, September 1, 2008

Only Six Weeks to Go


Hello all. This is Michelle again. I hope that you all enjoyed the 'in process' photos of the nursery. I'm hoping to finish it up this week but, considering how exhausted I am, that may be a pipe dream. I still have some touch up painting, two valances and three roman shades to make, a bit of 'muraling' to do, the side table needs another coat of paint, and I have a curtain to make for the closet. That's without including the quilt I have fabric for and a moses basket (well, three moses baskets... one for grandma's house and one for my friend Chris). I have all the baskets (thanks to my favorite store - Ross) but I need to line them and cover the mini-mattresses. So, I only have six weeks and TONS to do.
We have had a few people ask what we need right away...obviously we don't 'need' everything on the registry. Want yes, need no. Our priorities are the car seat, one baby gate (to keep Pogue downstairs), a diaper champ, the changing pad/ and a cover, toiletries, bath stuff and diapers. That is the stuff that we really need before we bring Charlie home.
I was super excited to get our invitation to the baby shower this past week. Amy did an amazing job... now I just have to be patient and wait a few weeks for the actual event. The invites are so cute that I scanned them to show you.

As for how I'm feeling... BIG. My blood pressure has been slowly getting higher so I'm cutting out the caffeine entirely (as if I'm not tired enough), cutting back on the salt and keeping the blood pressure cuff close at hand. I have so much info on what the warning signs are for preeclamsia that I can't imagine that, if I get it, it will go undetected for long. However, if I get it, Charlie makes an early entrance. I'm not really all that worried but, better safe than sorry. My ankles and feet are growing and my hands are sore (can't explain this one but I hope that it is a pregnancy thing and will go away in a few months). Friends tell me that my belly seems bigger every time they see me and, I don't doubt it. I've started to outgrow some of my maternity cloths already! All in all things are good. Charlie is growing and, as long as I can get enough rest, I don't feel all that bad. Dennis is a huge help and his enthusiasm is wonderful. Anytime that he is away from me for more than a half hour he lifts up my shirt, kisses my belly and tells Charlie that he loves him.
Thanks again to Amy for what I know is going to be an awesome baby shower and thank you for caring enough to keep checking this silly blog.

1 comment:

your big sis said...

I had to look up preeclamsia...I am for sure NEVER EVER having kids after reading up on it, not that I was going to have any anyway. No one is going to convince me other wise either. It is good to hear that you are doing all right. Hope to talk to y'all soon.