Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh the anticipation...

Charlie is very excited these days. I think he is starting to understand how many people out here are anticipating his arrival. The showers have begun and, wow, he is one lucky kid with two very lucky parents.
We had a shower last night which a faux painter friend of mine organized. It was just a small group of us from the JSG showhouse at a pub in the highlands (this is an area near downtown Denver... we did not all fly to Scotland... too bad). Among other things we got all the goodies for Charlie's crib. As soon as I do a load of wash his crib will be all ready for him, mobile and all. The most wonderful surprise was the enormous box that arrived just before we left he house last night. It was from red envelope which meant that Uncles Andy and David had been shopping. Underneath loads of packing material was the most beautiful little quilt ever!!! It has the alphabet on it with little woodland creatures illustrating each letter and Charles N. Vander Houwen embroidered on the bottom. I LOVE IT and I know that Charlie will too. The next onslaught of gifts/ love is scheduled for Sunday and then, out neighbors are doing something for us the following Saturday. I just hope that Charlie doesn't get too excited.
Karen has a friend who just had a baby about four weeks early. Charlie can't do that to us. There is still far too much to do around here. No one who knows me will be surprised that the nursery is still not finished, the house is a disaster zone, we have new (to us) carpet to install upstairs and, Dennis has multiple public shows which are demanding a lot of time and attention. And really, who knows when Charlie might make his grand entrance.
Dr. Bozeman informed me at my last appointment that, although my blood pressure is fine now, he does expect it to go up and, when it does, they will schedule an induction. I don't think that anyone would hesitate to induce early since the boy is so big already so... it is, apparently, all up to my blood pressure.
I better get to work!... without stressing or lifting anything over 15 pounds. I did do the awful chore of nursing bra shopping today. It was almost as bad a swimsuit shopping but, since my butt wasn't involved... Anyhoot, it was a strange, droopy, expensive experience which I hope to never have to duplicate. $50. bras are still a lot cheaper than formula, right?
I am tired all the time but remaining rather calm. Dennis is starting to panic though and the poor man has way too much on his plate at the moment. It is not helping that my hormones are making me needier than I have ever been in my life. He is doing everything he can for Charlie and me and, since the house is a pit and our hospital bag still isn't packed, he doesn't feel like he is doing enough. Silly man!

Take care everyone! We love you for reading all this goofiness.

No comments: