Monday, September 22, 2008

Three weeks and counting

Tomorrow Charlie begins his 37th week 'in utero'. By the end of the week he will be considered full term - hard to believe.
We had a great visit with Dr. Bozeman today. My blood pressure continues to creep up but, Charlie is doing extremely well. Because of my blood pressure they are being extra careful with the little guy. They hooked me up to a few different monitors for about a half hour and did another ultrasound to check how much fluid Charlie has to float in. Apparently he has plenty of swimming room and, it was a blast to listen to his little freight train of a heart for such a long time. All the nurses were amazed at how much he was moving (it was making their job difficult since every time they found his heartbeat he would move and they would loose it). They have been telling me for weeks to make sure he is moving at least ten times every two hours... today they realized how silly that sounds. He moves ten times every twenty minutes (at the very least).
Dennis had a great time following the heart rhythms. I had a little button to push when Charlie moved and you could see his heart beat get faster after each move. The best part was when Charlie started to hiccup. With all the monitors on it was incredibly loud. One of the nurses and Dennis think that they also saw Charlie swallowing on the ultrasound - apparently that is pretty rare to see but, I had had peaches this morning so maybe he was tasting a bit of Colorado peach goodness.
I have to get to work as I have a big mural bid due tomorrow but I wanted to blog since I know that a few of you are keeping track of when my appointments are. I see Dr. Bozeman again next Tuesday and they'll monitor Charlie for another half hour then. In the mean time I have to have another blood pressure check on Thursday.
I'm very comforted by the level of care Charlie and I are getting. I don't think that anything is going to be left to chance. I just have to stay off my feet but that won't be too hard since, by tomorrow afternoon, I should be finished with all my 'work' related work for a few months.
Take care everyone. We love you all.

No comments: