Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nursery sneak peak

Okay so it's like 12:30am on Friday now. Michelle is up in the mountains with her mom and I am home after a busy night of restaurant magic work and a late night planning meeting with some magician associates of mine to discuss some public shows we are doing in September.

I'm a little (well...more than a little) hyped up on caffiene from the inevitable cup of coffee. Being wide awake, I grabbed the camera and took some shots of the nursery that is in the process of coming together. Here we go....



So far we have the base coat on the walls and the floor is finished. I stained and installed the baseboards myself. We also have all of the furniture in place and the closet is filling with clothing already. You will also notice the boy has a pretty large library started. That is mostly thanks to his mother conveniently having all these great books from her mural business. Look closely in the photo and you will see the cute shoe collection that is starting too.



There are bins in the closet that will soon hold diapers, toys and other baby paraphenalia. For furniture we have a changing table,(not shown but in the room already) a beautiful new crib and a late night nursing glider. I proud to say that I expertly installed the light fixture over the chair.




The only things left are finishing the window treatments, hanging a curtain door on the closet and the final murals. Michelle will be working on those soon and the final pictures will be posted then.

I could describe the murals but I think we will leave that as a surpise for later.

As I mentioned Michelle is up in the mountains with her mom at her parent's cabin. I am more than a little jealous and wishing I were up there too. There is too much work to be done still this weekend so I couldn't go. Michelle deserves the break too as she just finished another mural project. I think this is going to be her last one for a short while. She is still taking calls but putting the work off. She has some sewing work to lool forward to for the next little bit of time. I helped here a couple of days with this last job and she really shouldn't be getting up and down off of ladders anymore. That is my professional medical opinion. Okay so I'm not a doctor but I can tell you that her ankles are really big after a day of painting.
Poor girl!

We were talking earlier today about something and Michelle mentioned. "Well we still have two months more to go...etc." I quickly corrected her. "Sweetheart, we have about 7 weeks left. That is only about a month and a half." Time flies I guess.

As for me I'm ready. I have my bootcamp for new dads this next Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to it. Charlie and I have been talking regularly still about all the fun things we are going to learn and do together.

Well for now that is what I have to offer Charlie's blog. Keep coming back for more.

No comments: