Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm a Pod

I can't believe that it has taken me four days to write about Charlie's shower. Granted, it has been a busy four days. The entire upstairs has been torn apart and, mostly, put back together in order to replace the thirty year old nasty carpet. Our bedroom looks great so, one room down, the rest of the house to go.
Thanks to the shower we are feeling much more prepared for Charlie's arrival. We still have gobs to do but we have most of the essentials (car seat, changing pad, baby monitor, receiving blankets, the play yard and, cute clothes galor). I have said it before but, I feel that I need to say it again... Charlie is soooo lucky to have all of you! The shower was perfect thanks to my friend Amy Stone (a.k.a. Martha Stewart) and the gift intake was unreal. A few of the gift opening highlights were The Smith Income Tax gang getting us both the car seat and stroller (amazing) and Britta making Charlie the most spectacular collection of hand knit goodies ever! She even out knit (in quantity, never quality) my Auntie Anne. I don't believe that this feat has ever been accomplished before. Since Charlie received a blanket, sweater and hat from his great Auntie Anne you can imagine what this means he got from Britta. Everyone went overboard and we couldn't be more grateful.... Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I can't believe that I'm already well into week 36. Time is flying but, this week has been very productive. If Dennis and I can keep up this pace we'll be ready for the little guy for sure.
Sleeping is getting harder and harder and my bladder is getting smaller and smaller. I saw the nurse practitioner on Tuesday and Charlie is head down, facing left and has not dropped yet... I really can't imagine what will happen to my bladder when he does. Everyday I feel less like myself and more like a pod. Dennis woke me last night to tell me that I was snoring like a water buffalo and I felt horrible as there wasn't much I could do about it. My body is full of muck and snot and I can't make it go away. I suppose that this will all be over soon and, if not for this blog, I would forget all about it.
Thank you everyone for your generosity.
Thank you Jenn for the blow drier and nursing bra advise.
Thank you Cheryl for creating and raising Dennis - he is going to be the greatest dad ever!
Thank you Karen for making the time and driving all the way to Denver just for a baby shower.
Thank you Ginger and Travis for taking the duck and
Thank you Smith/ Stone family for the greatest baby shower ever!!!

No comments: