Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Saying good-bye and good ridance to allergens


Our latest step in preparing the house is getting the new carpet in upstairs. Yesterday I spent the afternoon tearing up the old carpet and the carpet pad. My allergies were really put to the test with all the dust. We are going to both feel great when the new carpet gets layed in today.
Michelle and I worked last night installing the new carpet pad and so everything will go in quickly and we will be able to sleep in our bedroom again. We have been sleeping in the guest room on a full size matress like we did when Charlie's room's floor was being painted.
I am much more aware of Michelles getting up in the middle of the night when we sleep in the guest room. Supose I will get used to getting up in the middle of the night soon enough.
Last night was such a nice night outside that I decided to just sleep in the backyard and give Michelle the bed to herself. As I layed out my sleeping bag last night Dalai (our little dog) curled up on the sleeping bag and from then on camped out with me. She is a great sleeping bag warmer.
In looking at the work we have a head of us I feel we can get it all done. It continues to be a little overwhelming at times but we are taking it one day at a time. Once this carpeting is installed Pogue (our cat) will be shut out of the upstairs by a baby gate.
The next project will be the living room. Until then, best wishes to all (Achoo!)

No comments: