Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Zoinks! 5 weeks now....Gulp!


The days continue to click on by and we are starting to get more than just a little nervous about this whole being ready thing. I (Dennis) just got back from my annual Magic convention, "Magic In The Rockies", in Fort Collins. It was really great. I'm not sure how this is going to work next year when we are 3 people. I'm going to have to be smarter about the stuff I am selling at my vendor's booth I suppose. I'm not sure how late I will be able to stay up then either. I guess we will cross that bridge next year. This year's convention was wonderful and I learned a lot as always, but I was also thinking quite a bit about Michelle and Charlie while I was there.

It was also very nice to hang out with some of my magic heroes...including R. Paul Wilson and Charlie Frye.
Charlie Frye (seen in picture to the right) is on the "Charlie name sake list "Michelle and I made of great Charlies we liked along with Chaplin, Shultz, Darwin and others.
Here's Charlie Frye in action on a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1W4OVrYwaw

I can't wait to share magic with our Charlie. For my first trick...the light switch. OR will it be the disappearing and reappearing dad playing peek a boo? I did vanish a baby once. Man that freaked out the mom.

Michelle is definitely getting larger. Sorry honey, there's no other way to say it. We are both wondering what 5 more weeks is going to look like. Michelle starts going to the doctor weekly now. We continue to watch Michelle's blood pressure. Last night I could feel Charlie going bonkers and kicking away, turning etc. All this while Michelle was asleep. FREAKING AMAZING!
I am a little nervous about a business trip I have at the end of this month up to Aspen Colorado. I am supposed to be going up with a group of people but I am beginning to think a separate car would be a better idea.

That's this week's postings for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blogsite . cant wait to meet Charlie

Unknown said...

I think Charlie will know how to leave blog comments better than I. I keep forgetting how to do this..Duh.. Well, Lets face it I am getting old...er.