Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Sunday's breast feeding class

Dennis here...
Just wanted to post a small bit about what we did last Sunday. I think I learned all I ever needed to know about breast feeding and then some. We were both happy to learn that many of the things people have told us are pure B.S. and things we shouldn't consider doing. We learned about propper latching techniques, how breast milk is made by little tiny farmers pouring buckets of milk from tiny little cows that...No wait that was what I dreamed about last night.
The whole process is really quite facinating to me. We learned about breast pumps, bottles, myths about bottles and breast pumps (FYI never buy a pre-used breast pump unless it is a hospital quality unit with a closed system...That's just gross!) We also learned what nipple confusion really is. Suprise! It isn't what I have been experiencing lately but something that the baby can experience from too many different resources of breast milk outside of breast feeding.
All in all, we are really glad we took the class. We haven't regretted any of the classes thus far.
Next Sunday is the "tot savers" class. I'm not sure why we need to save tator tots but I've already started. I guess it's just one of those foods that kids can't get enough of so you had better stock up before they are born...

No comments: