Saturday, August 2, 2008

Negative ten weeks and counting...

Dennis and I thought it would be fun for Charlie to have his own blog. Since so many of his fans are so far away this seemed like the best way to keep everyone up to date. Little Charles Nash Vander Houwen will be at 30 weeks gestation on Tuesday.... he is 3/4 of the way there and his mom (that would be me) is getting rather uncomfortable. Denver has been in the 90s for weeks and we have hit 100 the past few days. Fortunatly, I have my parent's pool... I'm swimming (or, rather, floating) more than I have in years. The distraction of the slew of classes that Dennis and I are taking this month is helping me cope as well. We are learning everything from the anatomy of birth to baby bathing and infant CPR. Oh, and Dennis has daddy boot camp too. We both realise that none of this will prepare us for Charlie but maybe it will help a bit. We toured the hospital this past Monday and WOW. Although Charlie won't have a clue, he is going to be delivered into the lap of luxury... every labor and delivery room had a spa tub, CD and DVD players and, wireless Internet access. If we can find a laptop and Dennis can think straight everyone everywhere will be able to stay informed on the big day/ days via this blog. Please do not expect graphic photos or videos... I trust Dennis' extraordinary photography skills to give you all a very 'shiny happy' interpretation of the big event.
Speaking of his photography skills, Dennis hasn't taken any prego pictures yet but I'm sure he will soon. We'll get them posted so that you all can see how round I have become.
Also, Charlie's much anticipated nursery should be getting finished soon so we'll post pictures of that too.
I'm going to sign off for the night as Charlie is kicking me in the ribs and I think it might help to change positions. I don't know much about this little guy but I know that he is going to be tough!
We love you all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Charlie, your mama & daddy are very creative as you may already know.. They are also very cool to design this Blog so Gramma Cheryl and Papa Clay can watch you grow, and hear the fabulous things you will be doing. Remember you can always call Gramma anytime you get confused ( your daddy is quite the character)I have many stories to share with you about things he did when he was little. Shhhhhhh it will be our surprise for him,
We can hardly wait to hold you in our arms. Keep letting mama know when that ol'sewing machine is making too much noise and also let papa know when you are ready for a big Red wagon.. Your Great grandpa Art bought your daddy one when he wasn't even 1 year old...so its a family tradition...We love you already. Gramma & Papa

Unknown said...

Hi charlie It's me again.. but I changed my user name so you would recognise me better.
Love Gramma Cheryl

Unknown said...

Ok Charlie here I am again... Maybe when you get here & get bigger you can helo ol'gramma out with this blog stuff.

Unknown said...

We want to see what all your friends have given to you so I don't duplicate anything off your baby registrations. Have Mommy send me the sights where you are registered.

your big sis said...

You're parents are crazy as a pack of foxes locked in a hen house. You'll get used to it. Believe me, you will also enjoy every minute of it.