Monday, March 23, 2009

Growing

Charlie's lesson of the week: Charlie is starting to mimic us pounding on things and clapping, he is becoming quite the log roll expert and he is reaching for toys, people etc.
Parental lesson of the week: Everyone told me that once Charlie was born my life would change. It has but more importantly, I have changed. My priorities are different, my work ethic is different, Charlie trumps everyone - always. I don't feel like I'm loosing myself to being a mom I feel that I have a more clear sense of self every day. I'm not sure how this is a lesson... more of a realization.

Most memorable adventure this week: Babies-R-Us with Grandma - Charlie got teething toys, a high chair and a mobile for grandma's house, a new blankie, some super cute socks and much much more
Moment we could only get away with because Charlie couldn't stop us: My leaving the house every morning after having been home only long enough to sleep.

Simple moment of the week: Breakfast Sunday morning with Kate's parents... after a 70 hour work week Charlie and I couldn't stop smiling at each other.

Scariest or most frustrating moment this week: Charlie had to do a 'barium swallow' today. It stunk!!! We had to hold him under an x-ray like machine while a tech forced him to swallow this gunk so that they could see his digestive tract working. They were checking for reflux or any other abnormalities. This, all because he occasionally has milk come out his nose when he eats (only when he breast feeds and only when his head is in a very specific position). Well, after ten minutes that felt like an hour they told us what we already knew... Charlie is perfect. On a positive note... Charlie looked just like a mini wizard in his little purple hospital gown.

Deep thoughts of the week (by Charlie): Pooping barium feels funny.

Photo of the week: Please pardon the photo quality.... these were taken with my phone... more photos to come soon


No comments: